Mold Remediation In Harrisburg and the Surrounding Area
Szeles Restoration specializes in providing property owners with mold remediation. Harrisburg, PA homeowners call us first when they suspect an issue. This is because we provide full home examinations and effectively identify possible mold hot spots. When you find mold in your home or office, Szeles Restoration's experienced technicians will assist you in establishing a plan of action to have it removed. All of our specialists have completed advanced training and are experienced in mold remediation and water damage restoration.
Where Does Mold Come From?
Unwanted water in your home or office could come from any number of sources, including broken water pipes, water heaters, sump pump failure, and long-standing leaks. The organic materials inside your home or office, such as paper, wood, and some types of insulation, provide food for molds to flourish on when combined with these sources of water.
Water damage may lead to mold growth. Some people may experience health problems associated with exposure to mold. These include runny nose, coughing, congestion, sneezing, aggravation of asthma, and sore throat. High-risk individuals include those with suppressed immune systems, children, and people with chronic inflammatory lung diseases (including asthma and severe allergies).
The professionals at Szeles Restoration handle water damages on a daily basis and know that prompt action is essential in preventing mold growth. If your property has recently been damaged by water, it is important to have the water removed and the structure dried by mold removal contractors.
Our mold remediation services include:
- Mold contamination assessment
- Microbial remediation
- Environmental engineering controls
- Restorative drying
- Pack-out and storage
Szeles Restoration professionals take three major steps while dealing with the mold:
- Control the Mold at its Source
We aim to isolate mold contamination. This reduces the amount of airborne mold that your family members or employees are exposed to. It helps to make the process of eliminating mold much more efficient.
- Remove the Mold Contamination
The most effective solution to excess mold contamination is to remove it once it has grown beyond normal levels. This may be done by eliminating the materials that were damaged by mold from vacuuming mold spores into HEPA filters and by sanitizing soiled surfaces with cleaning detergent products.
- Eliminate the Moisture Problem Causing Mold Growth
Elimination of moisture is the key to dealing with mold. With moisture being the source which initially contributed to mold growth, this step will stop the process. Even the best cleaning efforts will not stop mold from returning if a home or office continues to have moisture problems.
How To Prevent Mold
- When a spill happens, act quickly to clean and dry any wet areas. If materials are left wet or even damp for more than 48 hours, there is a much larger chance for mold to grow.
- Maintain cleanliness and repairs of your gutters on a regular basis.
- Keep the drip pans for air conditioning units clean and make sure the drain lines remain unobstructed.
- Maintain a low indoor humidity, below 60 percent, if possible. The ideal humidity level is between 30 and 50 percent. This can be measured with an inexpensive instrument available at most hardware stores.
- Act quickly when you see condensation building on windows, walls, and pipes. Dry the wet surface and reduce the moisture to your best ability.
Do You Think You Need Mold Removal?
When property owners suspect that their home has a mold problem, they know to call the professionals at Szeles Restoration for mold remediation. Harrisburg, PA residents can find relief from allergy symptoms associated with mold after experiencing service from our technicians. We are also equipped and ready to help homeowners in surrounding areas including Hershey, Camp Hill, Mechanicsburg, Carlisle, Hummelstown, Lemoyne, and New Cumberland, Pennsylvania. Call us today to schedule an examination!